Thursday, July 06, 2006

Troubles With Technorati

I'm having some trouble with Technorati, and it seems I'm not the only one.

I claimed my blogs (this one, plus my Rugby Mad one), set the blogger settings to ping Technorati (as advised in their support faq) and have added Technorati tags to all posts in this blog (have yet to get around to it for the rugby one, but hey).

Now if I search for something on Technorati, (either directly at their site or with the plugin for this blog at the top right of the page), which I know is definitely here, it claims not to find anything! It also claims that my most up to date post was six days ago, when it fact it was just yesterday.

I've logged a call with Technorati's help people, who have acknowledged receipt, but so far I haven't heard anything else. I know I've only just started blogging, and so my ranking is pretty lowly, but I thought technorati would be an excellent place to generate some passing traffic and help to build up my online profile. I hope they are not operating some sort of elist policy along the lines of "well her ranking is down with the amoeba, so we don't need to keep her search as up to date as some"...

I'll keep you posted on developments.

Add half an hour later: Actually, it gets odder. Scoping a search at Technorati on Rugby Mad or Just Mad will turn up results for some things, such as "churchill" but not others, like "handbags" (which appears in this post and here). I'm even more confused now!

2 comments:

gugon said...

I registered on Technorati but have no idea what it's supposed to do or how to use it. If it doesn't work I guess I won't worry too much about those "tags" and things.

Anonymous said...

Same story me me!! Not sure if this mob is all they are cracked up to be.....